Forward Looking Consumer Survey with 1,500 Respondents
Spending Fatigue & Prospect of War = ↓
- RR’s Intent to Eat Out Index (planned expenditures over the next month) fell-off sharply in our survey of 1,500 consumers which was just completed on the heels of a military escalation with Iran.
- Survey results may also reflect consumers strapped for cash after spending on the Christmas season although it is notable that our Intent to Eat Out Index declined -3.5% on a y/y basis.
- Results could also reflect a substantial spike higher in the average price of QSR promotions from November to December (see chart below).
- In any case, FSR is pivoting strongly towards value with the segment’s average promotion price dropping from over $10 a couple of months ago to close to $8 currently.
- Click here for info on how to order the RR Promotion Tracker Tool.