FORWARD LOOKING CONSUMER SURVEY (1,500 RESPONDENTS)
SLOWING INTENT = LESS INCOME & DISCOUNTS
- RR’s Intent to Eat Out Index (our survey of 1,500 consumers’ plans to eat-out over the next month) increased +4.5% y/y.
- However, on a sequential month/month basis, the Index declined -1.5% and represented the lowest level since April’s rebound.
- This is likely a function of the end of stimulus #1 while industry players continue to push promotional prices higher (especially QSR which is substantially elevated from the 2018 & 2019 highs).
- The stress is most notable among the 18-24 year old demo (with the highest unemployment rate) & the 55-64 year olds who maybe more price sensitive.
- Click here for info on how to order the RR Promotion Tracker Tool (click for sample).
MONTHLY SEQUENTIAL CHANGE