FORWARD LOOKING CONSUMER SURVEY (1,500 RESPONDENTS)
- RR’s Intent to Eat Out Index (our survey of 1,500 consumers’ plans to eat-out over the next month) increased +17.4% y/y, representing the largest monthly increase & 2nd highest absolute score since survey inception.
- Strong results from women & the 25+ age demo for both sexes helped offset weakness in the QSR oriented 18-24 demo.
- FSR continues to do a good job of lowering its average promotional price point, to the 2nd lowest level since Dec 2019.
- While QSR is beginning to moderate its average promotional price point y/y increases, it still remains elevated from late 2019/early 2020 levels.
- With concerns that consumers may save (rather than spend) government stimulus, an ongoing focus on price value maybe a good idea for now.
- Click here to view RR LTOverview Promotion Tracker Tool sample.
MONTHLY SEQUENTIAL CHANGE