- 4Q:19 $1B+ Chain same store sales results of +4.3% represents the best quarterly performance since 1Q:12.
- Breadth was strong with 82.8% of chains reporting positive sales.
- Record +14.6% chicken segment growth was driven by +37.9% at Popeyes and +12.2% at Wingstop.
- According to RR’s annual 10-year same store sales index (2010 base year = 100), Wingstop was ranked the highest (201.6) and T.G.I. Friday’s the lowest (75.2).
- Weather cooperated during the quarter and December was the 6th warmest on record.